Application for the Master’s degree programme
For application, Bachelor graduates in an engineering program like e-mobility, vehicle engineering, mechatronics, electrical engineering or mechanical engineering may be considered. An English or German language exam at level C1 or better and for some countries an APS (see below) is also required.
For master program applications, the following deadlines are important:
- 31 May for study start in winter semester (lectures starting middle of October). The application portal “campo” opens 0n 15 February.
- 31 October for study start in summer semester (lectures starting middle of April). The application portal “campo” opens on 15 September (the application portal may be open until 30 November, but if you apply later than 31 October, you will probably not receive your admission or rejection until the following year)
Application - required documents and portal
Applications can only be made online via www.master.fau.de!
(direct link to portal: https://www.campo.fau.de/qisserver/pages/cs/sys/portal/hisinoneStartPage.faces)
The following documents are required for the application (in electronic form):
- School leaving certificate (all pages of the certificate)
- University degree certificate (e.g. Bachelor) – if already available (University degree certificate, e.g. Bachelor with a proven grade (if no grade is shown, additional grade certificate from your examination office)
- Diploma Supplement or a complete overview of subjects and grades (Academic Report)
- Complete tabular curriculum vitae (with picture – please create it yourself with date and original signature, no form available)
- Letter of application / letter of motivation (approx. 1 A4 page, please create it yourself with the date and original signature, no form available). Please specify, if you want to study in English or German language.
- International applicants also need appropriate language certificates (see below under “Qualification assessment procedure”)
- Applicants from India, China, Vietnam, Mongolia need an APS certificate (also required for a study visa in Germany). APS certificate is mandatory for applications for summer semester 2024.
Please see also https://www.fau.eu/education/application-and-enrolment/applying-for-masters-degree-programmes/#aps-india and for further information about APS: aps-india.de).
German certificates in simple copies, foreign certificates in officially certified copies and officially certified translations if these are not written in German, English or French.
FAQ for master application
take a look at our FAQ page.
Qualification assessment procedure
Proof of language proficiency: You may study in the master’s program in English or German language. Therefore, international applicants require the following:
1. For studying the master’s degree in German language:
- proof of German language skills at the following level: at least DSH-2 with at least 74% of the achievable points in the written and oral part of the exam
- alternatively TestDAF with at least 4 points in each area and 5 points in at least one area
2. For studying the master’s degree in English language
- proof of English language skills at the level of at least C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (GER); as an example, reference is made to the equivalence table of the FAU Language Center (https://sz.fau.de/pruefungen/anrechnungen/)
Other language exams will be checked individually by the admission committee for relevance.
You may find all information for enrollment here: https://www.fau.eu/education/application-and-enrolment/deadlines-and-documents-for-enrolment/
Master program Electromobility-ACES in Erlangen
You can find more information about the content of the master’s program here.
- Information page from the university when you start your studies at FAU
- Information on accommodation, canteens, student loans and the like can be found on the website of the student service. *
- The information system Univis of the university provides a directory of persons and institutions as well as the electronic course directory. *
* most content is in German language