Application for the Master’s degree programme
The new bachelor and also the master study program “Electromobility-ACES” of the Faculty of Engineering have started in the winter semester 2022/23.
For application, you need a Bachelor (or equivalent) exam in an engineering program, e.g. vehicle engineering, mechatronics, electrical engineering or mechanical engineering and an English or German language exam at level C1 or better.
For master program applications, the following deadlines are important:
- 09 Jan 2023 (in general 07 January) for study start in summer semester (lectures starting middle of April). The application portal “campo” will open 8th December 2022.
- 31 May for study start in winter semester (lectures starting middle of October). The application portal “campo” will open in 9th February 2023.
Application - required documents and portal
Applications can only be made online via www.master.fau.de!
(direct link to portal: https://www.campo.fau.de/qisserver/pages/cs/sys/portal/hisinoneStartPage.faces)
The following documents are required for the application (in electronic form):
- School leaving certificate (all pages of the certificate)
- University degree certificate (e.g. Bachelor) – if already available (University degree certificate, e.g. Bachelor with a proven grade (if no grade is shown, additional grade certificate from your examination office)
- Diploma Supplement or a complete overview of subjects and grades (Academic Report)
- Complete tabular curriculum vitae (with picture – please create it yourself with date and original signature, no form available)
- Letter of application / letter of motivation (approx. 1 A4 page, please create it yourself with the date and original signature, no form available). Please specify, if you want to study in English or German language.
- International applicants also need appropriate language certificates (see below under “Qualification assessment procedure”)
German certificates in simple copies, foreign certificates in officially certified copies and officially certified translations if these are not written in German, English or French.
Applicants with degrees from China, Vietnam and Mongolia also need an APS certificate
FAQ for master application
Qualification assessment procedure
Proof of language proficiency: You may study in the master’s program in English or German language. Therefore, international applicants require the following:
1. For studying the master’s degree in German language:
- proof of German language skills at the following level: at least DSH-2 with at least 74% of the achievable points in the written and oral part of the exam
- alternatively TestDAF with at least 4 points in each area and 5 points in at least one area
2. For studying the master’s degree in English language
- proof of English language skills at the level of at least C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (GER); as an example, reference is made to the equivalence table of the FAU Language Center (https://sz.fau.de/pruefungen/anrechnungen/)
Other language exams will be checked individually by the admission committee for relevance.
You may find all information for enrollment here: https://www.fau.eu/education/application-and-enrolment/deadlines-and-documents-for-enrolment/
Master program Electromobility-ACES in Erlangen
You can find more information about the content of the master’s program here.
- Information page from the university when you start your studies at FAU
- Information on accommodation, canteens, student loans and the like can be found on the website of the student service. *
- The information system Univis of the university provides a directory of persons and institutions as well as the electronic course directory. *
* most content is in German language