Where can I find information about the study program and the list of specialization modules in the 4 majors?
- It’s all explained in our study guide at https://www.aces.study.fau.eu/students/study-guide/
I can’t find / register for a course in campo.fau.de.
- The module list at campo is not complete. Please refer to the list in the study guide.
- For lectures, in general you don’t need to register at campo, but only for the exam (from about middle of November on). You have to register in studon for lectures, exercises etc. to gain access to scriptums, additional material etc.
I like to register at vhb (Virtuelle Hochschule Bayern) for courses.
- Please notice, that all vhb courses listed as specialization modules in ACES are generally permitted.
- You only have to ask the study-service-center if you want to take other vhb courses, that are not listed, e.g. as elective module.
When will I get response for my application?
- We reviewed already most of the applications, but some are still open for final review. You will get information via campo as soon as they are reviewed.
Late arrival: Due to a late appointment in the German embassy, I will not be able to get my visa and start studying in Erlangen when the semesters begin.
- Our university is aware of the difficulties students might face regarding travel and their arrival.
The program allows students to do the whole enrollment process online and via post mail and to join the study program in person / physical presence until the end of October 2023.
- Here you find a “Letter of Confirmation of Enrolment Period, Language of Instruction and Extension M.Sc. Electromobility-ACES”:
for winter semester 2022/23: Letter of Confirmation_generic_3-signed ;
for summer semester 2023: Letter of Confirmation_generic__2023ss_1 ;
for winter semester 2023/24: Extension_Letter_generic_2023ws
- If the visa process takes even longer, you also don’t need be worried: you could enroll via post mail and choose online courses at FAU (some of our specialization modules are online). Then you have to be in Erlangen for the exams, which take place in presence.
- Please notice that, if you skip your application and apply again for the next semester, you have to do a new application via campo, so we cannot guarantee you a study place for the next term. Please include your admission letter for the previous term in your application.
I don’t have a degree certificate yet. So can I still continue program in upcoming semester?
- Yes, you could an admission with the condition to present your bachelor’s certificate within one year
Can I defer my admission to next intake?
- Yes, you can apply for study start in the next semester. We accept applications for every semester.
What language certificates should I include in my application?
- For studying in English language, we require a C1 English language test certificate (e.g. IELTS >= 7 points).
Which majors could I choose? / How could I choose between the 4 majors ACES and register for courses?
- When the lectures start, you may choose 2 of the 4 majors ACES and every major has a separate list of modules (see here). Registration for courses starts after the beginning of the lecturers (middle of October / April).
Where is the module handbook?
- We are still working hard on the module handbook. Since the university has made a big change in its systems (from Univis to Campo), this will take some time. You may find the list of modules here.
Can I study the entire master degree in english?
- Yes: we have various modules either in English or German language. The list of English modules can be found here.
My postal adress has changed.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update your adress in the admission letter.
Where can I find accomodation?
- Please look at our students’ service: https://www.werkswelt.de/index.php?id=wohnen
I missed the application deadline
- No problem, just apply for the next semester – you can apply in every semester since our master program starts in winter AND in summer term.
I have an conditional admission with the duty to complete the course Production Technology or Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering. How could I take these courses?
- Just visit the lectures and after some weeks lecture time you can register of the exams
- The credits for this course are part of the 120 ECTS of the master program
What is “Practical Training (8 weeks)” with 10 ECTS and how could I complete this?
- You have to do an internship for at least 8 weeks in a company. If you worked already after your bachelor degree in a company, this maybe could be regognized as Practical training. We are currently establishing our practical training office that then will review this. You are not in a hurry since you need your internship or recognition until the end of your master program.
What are the semester fees and living costs / where can I find an official expense letter?
- Semester fees are about 130 € for student service and public transportation, no additional tuition fees will be charged.
- You can find a list of the living costs here: https://www.fau.eu/education/student-life/financing-your-studies/costs-of-studying/
- Official letter with current monthly living expenses: Monthly living cost_2022_23
Where can I find general information regarding living in Germany, financing your life, connecting with people,…?
- A free online course “Germany Starterpack for Students” is offered by DEGIS: https://www.degis.info/germany-starterpack-for-students/
- DEGIS – Deutsche Gesellschaft internationaler Studierender – is a recognized non-profit organization building the largest community for international students in Germany.
How many students will be in the master program?
- We expect about 200-300 per semester.
I failed an exam of one of my majors in the last semester and now I have been automatically registered for the exam. Why is this so and what can I do about it?
- If you fail an exam, you must repeat it within 6 months of the failed attempt.
- This is stipulated in the examination regulations of the Faculty of Engineering at FAU, please see Sec. 28 (1) Clause 4 here https://www.doc.zuv.fau.de//L1/PO/Tech/Allgemeine_PO_Bachelor_Master/englisch/ABMPO-TechFak_20070918_idF_20220726_en.pdf
- In Electromobility-ACES this is applicable for all exams that you select or have selected in the past as majors M1 or M2 and also the mandatory subject(s) from your admission letter.
- You only have the option of contacting the examinations office ( email@example.com ) to change the topic/subject of the repeat examination. In this case, only a reduced number of attempts are available for the newly selected subject (3 – # failed attempts in the previous subject).